WILD BILL’S PAWN SHOPS COMPANY HISTORY
Wild Bill’s Pawn has been locally owned and operated since 1981.
Wild Bill’s Pawn #1 originally opened in 1981 in the 2800 Block of South 14th and a year later moved to its current location at 1441 Butternut.
Wild Bill’s Pawn #2 was opened 1992 on the corner of Grape and Ambler Street in one of Abilene’s first grocery stores built in the early 1930’s. In 2004 this building was demolished due to age and a brand new building was built.
Wild Bill’s Pawn #3 was acquired in 1989. Wild Bill’s Pawn #3 was originally purchased as OK Loan & Pawn on the corner of South 1st and Butternut. A few years later OK Loan & Pawn was moved to the corner of Poplar and South 1st. Whenever the business was moved to the current address of 1919 S. 1st in 1996, the name of the business was changed to Wild Bill’s Pawn #3.
Wild Bill’s Pawn #4 was acquired in 1997. Purchased ATA Pawn City located on Rebecca Lane behind the Mall of Abilene in 1997 and changed the name to Wild Bill’s Pawn #4. Within a year moved to the current location of 3117 South Danville Drive.
Wild Bill’s Pawn has had two locations in Greensboro, North Carolina, one in Brownwood, Texas, and two in San Angelo, Texas. These locations were sold in the early 90’s and are no longer affiliated with Wild Bill’s Pawn Shops in Abilene, Texas.
Wild Bill’s Pawn Shops
The Wildest Deals in Town…And that’s NO BULL!
We’ve started a new business for ALL things computers – click here: